Our sister company Test Labs, are looking for an Embedded Development Engineer to join our team within our research and design facilities at Peterborough.
Do you have what it takes to be one of the Test Labs team?
We are looking for people who challenge themselves, to set goals, and go above and beyond what is strictly required of them in their role, to achieve these.
Our people passionately strive for excellence which you will see in their careful attention to detail. We are inquisitive and we like to understand, not just for the sake of more knowledge but to fuel our innovation in new products, services, and solutions for our customers. We call this resourcefulness, and a sense that perfection is only just good enough.
We believe that for you to enjoy success in your work, you must apply energy and focus to the tasks you have to do every day. We like to give you the opportunity to stretch yourself beyond your natural ‘comfort zone’ in the knowledge that you will be guided by your inner principles to do the right thing by the business, your colleagues and our customers.
These core values are at the heart of what we do and are easier to feel than to talk about. Show us these and we will enjoy having you on the team at Test Labs!
What do we do?
At its core, Test Labs is a specialist medical technology business developing, manufacturing, and supplying products and services to enable hospitals and healthcare facilities to reduce the risk of infection.
What are we looking for in this position?
The Embedded Development Engineer will support growth of the category by providing firmware and hardware design. To also offer engineering expertise and support for the current product range and new product development programmes.
What will you do?
- Design and development of the firmware and hardware design of new products
- Implementation and testing
- Support the product from early stages to full manufacture
- Reactive resolution of any hardware or firmware issues
- Liaise with third party suppliers
- Proactive improvements to system design
- Produce firmware and hardware design packages for new products
- Documentation and version control
- Adhering to electronic, firmware and electric product safety standards
What will you need to have and do?
- Practical experience in electronic design & firmware development
- Knowledge of UK & European electrical safety standards, ideally global safety standards
- Specification and verification document creation
- Experience of environmental chamber / test house
- Experience of project managing electronic product development from concept to production
- Strong IT skills, experience with MS Office
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work in, and adapt to, a rapidly changing environment
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive data.
- Essential – Qualified to degree level in electronics or a related discipline with a few years’ experience developing electronics for real world applications.
- Desirable – Knowledge & experience in medical device manufacturing
- Essential – Familiarity with Altium Designer or similar
- Essential – Experience with STM 32 / ESP 32 processors
What will you get?
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Commitment to your Personal & Professional Development
- Contributory Pension
Most of all you will be a part of the Test Labs Family, who are a team of motivated and inspiring individuals wanting to play their part in changing the industry and making a difference. Inivos is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Ready to apply?
Does this role sound like you? Are you the driven, resourceful type who goes above and beyond to get results? Then apply today!